Anti-aging is no longer just about reducing fine lines and minimizing wrinkles. The trick of a healthy and youthful looking face for years to come lies in skin that is hydrated, evenly toned, textured and supple.
Preventive skin care maintenance is finally starting to be recognized as a very important component in protecting and preserving the skin early in life, in order for it to look and stay healthy at an older age. It is very important to start using a good cleanser, toner and moisturizer as well as other skin care habits, like a regular professional facial, as early as in your 20s.
No two people are alike in their needs and wants for skin care, but we know that all of us want services and products that address all seven signs of aging: dehydration, fine lines and wrinkles, skin discoloration, large pores, and loss of elasticity and fullness.
At C. Joy Salon we offer professional skin care at an affordable price. Our skin care clients receive high quality facials, peels and other skin care treatments, in addition to education and home care.
We had a fantastic time adventuring out as a team together in Las Vegas at the Redken Symposium show. We learned new color formulations, color techniques on a new settle Ombre, color blocking, foil placements and top hits on styling. Here is a video recap of our trip:
E njoy looking your best this Holiday Season with Teeth Whitening and Spray Tanning. These specials will last through the Holidays!
We are pleased to announce that C. Joy Salon has moved, but not far! We are located in the Marbella Shopping Plaza between Ocean Optical and Lilly Nails at 161th and 87th street across from the Athletic supply store. Please come see our new location at:
Our new space is a little bigger, still personal and quite a few notches up in style! With it, we aim to achieve new levels of productivity and creativity. Our hope is that all of our guests will feel more welcomed and that your C. Joy experience will be the best yet.
We apologize for any inconveniences we may have caused any of you during our transition to our new salon! We value you and your business!
As Seattle weather drops from mid 40′s to mid 30′s most of us are bundling up in our sweaters, scarves and coats. Did you know that there are people right around Redmond who don’t have a hat, gloves, or a scarf? Worse, not even a coat!? This is hard to comprehend, but imagine how cold it must be for the little kid that doesn’t have a coat to wear while waiting for the bus. According to Friends of Youth, the organization that our coat drive benefits, as many as 2,000 young people in King County, ages 12-24, are without a safe place to sleep each night. Think of those homeless youth, with no heat or blankets or comforter to keep warm. Friends of Youth out of Redmond, Washington over 60 years ago began to imagined these same scenarios and committed themselves to doing something about it.
With much joy, the clients and staff at C. Joy Salon have been doing something about it too! We are so excited to be launching our Third Annual Give Warmth Coat Drive. At this time of the year it has become a tradition for us all to take the time to go through our closets and give warm clothing materials to those who are less fortunate. Would you join us in this giving tradition? We ask that you only donate gently used coats and jackets, meaning no tares or stains please. Sweaters, hats, scarf’s, etc are also welcomed. We want to take this opportunity to thank you – in advance, for taking the time to be generous by helping others. You are truly appreciated!!
The coat drive officially launched on October 3rd and ends December 3rd 2012. The salon is open seven days and week, however if we have stepped out of the salon please leave your coats outside our door! It would help us if you could put your donations in a plastic bag. We also have tax deduction papers for you to fill out to make sure you are able to get a tax deduction on your next filing.
For those of you that haven’t been to our salon, it can be a bit tricky to find. We are located in a White Victorian style house on the left side of 7/11 mini mart off of 164th Ave NE. The entrance is on the left side of the house with salon parking in the back.
Please tell your friends and family about our coat drive!!
Here is to generosity, love and being warm!
You wash your face in the morning and evening, but are you careful to keep it clean during the day? Here’s how:
1. Keep your hands away from your face. Touching or picking blemishes can cause them to rupture and spread bacteria and can even create permanent scarring.
2. Wash your makeup brushes once a week. Bacteria can build up and then transfer to your skin.
3. Drink green tea and water to detoxify and hydrate your skin from the inside out.
4. Always shower or wash your face after working out. Sweat and bacteria can congest your pores.
5. Shield your forehead when using hairspray.
6. Before applying makeup, always wash your hands.
7. Learn to manage stress, since it produces chemicals that harm your body and skin.
8. Maintain regular monthly facials for deep cleaning.
9. Choose makeup and skincare products labeled “noncomedogenic.” They won’t clog your pores, so your skin can breathe.
10. Change your pillowcase often.
A monthly facial will boost the production of your skin’s collagen which forces fine lines and impurities to fade. Your skin will be detoxified of the harmful every day venoms our environment and products leave behind. Innermost layers of your skin will be replenished with the nutrients it longs for which leaves you with smooth, youthful glowing skin. Not to mention your soul will be rejuvenated by the soothing “me downtime”.
Come visit our facial page for more information!
In the world of massages we all know that it can sometime be difficult to know which type of massage to get. Many massages are designed for pleasure and relaxation. Others massages, such as the Deep Tissue massage, are all about healing your body.
Deep Tissue massage is one of the most popular massages for treating pain or injury. Throughout history and in many different cultures it has been known as an effective healing aid. While it does relieve stress and provide relaxation, this is only a minor focus of the deep tissue massage. The main focus is to get deep into your muscles, joints and ligaments to provide relief from chronic pains and aches. To do this your massage therapist will apply a lot of direct pressure to your muscles. Sometimes this stronger penetrating technique may cause you to feel like you just had a hard workout. In fact, the next day you might feel a little sore, but this soreness will leave your body within a day or so and you will feel better than ever! The end result will be that you will feel loosened up from tight muscles with improved mobility and less pain. The Deep Tissue Massage technique will increase blood flow which delivers more oxygen and nutrients to the muscles at the same time releasing your buildup of toxins from stress and activity.
The long term benefits will far outweigh any discomfort in the massage itself or the following day. This is the reason that the Deep Tissue Massage has been and will continue to be one of the most popular and success forms of massage for healing the body of pain and injury.
Does your job create a lot of body stress or require a lot of physical activity? Are you a runner or an active athlete? Does your fast pace life come with a high level of daily stress? If you are experiencing severe tension in your muscles and you can’t get relief; a regular session with our massage therapist will make an incredible difference in your life. Our therapist has been providing massage services since 2004. She provides an exceptional overall experience. Come experience the benefits of deep tissue massage. You’ll be glad you did.
Need a reason to get a Brazilian Blowout? Here are a few:
- to eliminate frizz
- to add more shine
- to relax super-curly hair
- to use less hair care products
- to decrease daily dry time by half
- to have silky-smooth hair everyday
- to free up more of your precious time
- to lessen the affects of fog on your hair
- to lessen the affects of humidity on your hair
- to use less thermal styling tools such as flat irons
- to have hair that is more closely wash and go hair
- to make wavy hair straight but with a natural look to it
- to achieve salon quality hair without all the hard work and time
- to allow you to air-dry hair leaving it looking natural and frizz free
- to be able to travel without lugging your styling aids all over the map with you
- to have a smoothing treatment that does NOT contain harsh chemicals such as formaldehyde
- to have a non permanent treatment that won’t give you roots in a few months that must be retouched
- to grow your hair out faster, because you will have less split ends which won’t require you to trim as often
- to make your hair healthier, even after the life of the Brazilian Blowout your hair will be healthier than before the treatment
- Lastly because you want a treatment that allows you to style your hair, go swimming, wear a ponytail, put your sunglasses on top of your head, or tuck your hair behind your ears immediately after you walk out of the salon. IE No down time.
You, our clients, know us best and possibly know of someone who would make a great addition to our team. We’d love it if you would join us in the search for a hairstylist.
We need your help finding our next incredible hairstylist!
Here are two simple ways you can help build the team at C.Joy Salon:
- If you know someone who is a hairstylist perhaps send them an email telling them about our salon and the opportunities here.
- We know our clients are some of the most fun and social people in Seattle. Would you consider posting our opportunity on your social networks? How about a Facebook Post? Here is what one of our amazing clients (you know who you are!) posted last June when we were hiring:
“Anybody have a hair stylist who is looking for a change? My hair stylist C. Joy Salon in Redmond is actively searching for a talented hair artist to complete her team & take new clients. Put them in touch with me and I’ll give them Carolann’s contact info!”
We are incredibly grateful for the loyalty and love that we constantly get from all of you since we opened in 2009. It is because of you that we have been able to grow from 1 to now 5, soon to be 6. Everyday we enter the salon we strive to deliver an upscale experience at an affordable price with excellent customer service. We hope to add someone to our team immediately who will maintain that reputation and who is devoted to the hair industry and continual development of skills and techniques!
Thank you for considering! We appreciate you!